Mohsen Rezaei, a military advisor to Iran's Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei, said on Tuesday that Tehran would force Washington to surrender if large-scale military action resumes.

“He (US President Trump) sets deadlines for military action and then cancels them himself, in the false hope of forcing Iran’s people and officials into submission,” Rezaei wrote on X. “The iron fist of the powerful armed forces and the great Iranian nation will force them to retreat and surrender,” he added.

The Iranian Tasnim News Agency, in turn, reported that Major General Ali Abdollahi, commander of the central command of the Iranian armed forces, warned the US and its allies against making another strategic mistake or miscalculation.

According to him, the Iranian armed forces have become more prepared and stronger than before, and are now ready to respond to any aggression. Abdollahi warned that any further mistake would lead to a much stronger response than before.

These statements by Iranian officials came after US President Donald Trump announced that the plan to resume strikes against Iran had been suspended for two or three days.

Earlier, Trump said that he had planned to launch strikes on Tuesday, but suspended the plan at the request of a number of countries that are in contact with Iran for a diplomatic solution to the crisis.

At the same time, the US leader announced that he had ordered the American military to prepare for an attack on Iran, which would be launched if the parties failed to reach a compromise.

Source: https://news.am/en/news/1036437